Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I've found a passion!

Hey Friends!

I've always been proud to consider myself a jack of all trades, master of none. I like to try lots of things, I've always had lots of interests. I found photography when I was in high school, I took a class and learned a few things about composition and taking good pictures, and even developed my own film. I really really enjoyed it, but I had so much going on and I just didn't really stick to it that well. When James was a baby Ryan got me a good camera and I picked it up again. I loved taking pictures of the kids, and doing a couple photo sessions with a few friends and family, but I never really felt confident behind the camera. Eventually my camera died a sad death at the hands of Kate the toddler and I drifted away from that hobby. Earlier this year, I was feeling the pull to get back to some hobbies that I love. I was approaching the day when my youngest child was headed off to school all day, and I knew I would need to find me again. I made a few comments about wanting to pick it back up to my husband, and lo and behold he surprised me with a new camera for Mother's day. I've been loving being back behind the lens and I have jumped in head first trying to educate myself. I've taken a few clinics and I've joined a bunch of Facebook education groups, and the biggest leap i've made is signing up for photography school! I'm doing an intensive 4 month course starting in January that will end with my being a certified professional photographer. I am SO excited about it! I've been studying as much as I can to prepare and I'm taking as many pictures as I can to learn even more. I want to know as much as I can going in so that I can spend my time at school really working on the art of it. The education I'm getting involves all types of portrait photography, so I'm trying to practice all different types while I learn. I have lots of fun sessions lined up and I've loving every second! So I thought I'd start a new blog where I can share some of what I learn and some of the faces and memories I capture. So here it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment